The name “Roulette” comes from a French word meaning little wheel, created by the Italians to play the game Birbi. Casino roulette is one of the oldest gambling games played since the 17th century. It’s one of the most popular casino games around the world. Nowadays, King Billy offers you an exciting chance to play online roulette, master its strategies, and win real money.
Online American roulette gives players different options. They can choose to bet on a single number, a group of numbers, the color (red or black), odd or even numbers, or on high or low numbers e.g. (19 to 36) or (1 to 18).
To determine the winning number, the American roulette wheel spins in one direction while the ball moves in the opposite. The ball loses momentum and rests on one of the spots ranging from zero to thirty-eight. The American version of the game has double zeros. Players can bet on multiple stops inside or outside the board. All gamblers who have placed successful bets win.
The Difference between American Roulette and French Roulette
The major difference between the American and French roulettes is the number of pockets. There is no difference in the structure of the table. The french roulette wheel is made up of 37 pockets ranging between numbers 1 and 36 and one pocket labeled zero (0). The American variant of the game has 38 pockets. The first thirty-six pockets are labeled 1 to 36 with two pockets marked zero: single zero and double zero.
The extra pockets give the online American roulette a house advantage of 5.26% against 2.7% for French roulette. This translates to a 94.74% return on investment for all bets for French roulette and 97.3% for the American version. This encourages many players to choose an American variation of the game.
Another significant difference between the two types of roulette is the interpretation of the outcome if the ball lands on a zero pocket. In variants of the game, bets are declared frozen if the ball lands on a zero. In others, players are allowed to reclaim half of their bets while the second half goes to the casino.
Tips on Playing Online American Roulette
Before playing the game, it’s important to learn the rules. Below, we share with you the American roulette strategy to enable you to enjoy the game and win.
Master the Equipment
The American roulette table has two zero spots, a single zero (0) and a double zero (00) spot. Players place bets on the table to predict the numbers on which the spinning ball will eventually rest.
The following betting options are available on the table:
- On the first quarter on the table (e.g. numbers 1 to 12), second quarter numbers 12 to 24, or the third quarter numbers 24 to 36.
- On low numbers ranging from 1 to 18 or high numbers from 19 to 36.
- On all even, odd, black, or red numbers.
Know The Difference Between Outside And Inside Bets
Inside bets refer to wagers placed on the numbers inside the table. They are specific with higher payouts while outside bets are generic with lower payouts. You can choose to bet on:
- One number (straight-up bet) with a payout of 35 to 1.
- Two numbers (split betting) with a payout of 17 to 1.
- Three numbers (street bets) with a payout of 11 to 1.
- Four numbers (corner betting) with a payout of 8 to 1.
- Six numbers (six-line betting) with a payout of 5 to 1.
American roulette has additional five number bets that cover 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, with a payout of 6 to 1, and row bets that cover 0 and 00 with a payout of 17 to 1.
Know The Outside Bets
Outside bets don’t involve any numbers and are placed outside the roulette table. You can bet on:
- Color (red or black) with a payout of 1 to 1.
- Even or odd numbers that pay 1 to 1.
- Betting on 12 numbers of column betting that pays 2 to 1.
- Dozen betting or betting on 12 numbers with a pay of 2 to 1.
- High or low bets that pay 1 to 1.
Know Your Odds
The American and French roulettes have different odds. All spots within the 36 numbers are paid the same as the regular numbers.
Learn the Basic Rules of American Roulette
At King Billy, we advise novices to learn the rules by playing free roulette versions first before betting with real money. Below, we share basic roulette rules for beginners:
- Place your bet on the spot you wish on the roulette table.
- The bet you place, shouldn’t exceed the table limits.
- You can still place bets when the American roulette wheel is still spinning before the session ends.
- In a live version of the game, the dealer is responsible for paying winners and taking away chips from the losing bets.
- Payouts are made based on the value of the winning numbers/spots based on the pay table.
Strategies for Playing American Roulette
The following recommendations will help you win:
- Practice with free online roulette tables before placing real bets.
- Place bets inside and outside the table to increase your chances of winning.
- Place higher bets on the outside for better odds.
- Place high/low, dozens, and columns bets.
- Bet inside the table in moderation to boost your payout. Bets inside the table have a higher payout but are risky.
- Observe the wheel and not bets placed by other players. Look for biases in the wheel by noting the numbers the ball frequently lands.
- Stick to your profit goal by betting only the amount you’re willing to lose.
- Lower your bets after a streak of winning to protect your earnings.
- Remember roulette is a game of chance. There are no guarantees you win.
Types of Bets in American Roulette
This game is played on a wheel made up of 38 spots marked by corresponding numbers. They include 1 to 36, 0, and 00. The types of bets you can place on a roulette table include:
- Straight bets. You place your chips on top of the number you predict the ivory ball will land.
- Split bets. Placing a bet between two numbers adjacent to one another.
- Trio bet (or street bet, or three-number bet). You make this bet by placing chips outside the row you are betting on.
- Square bet (or corner bet, or four-number bet). You place this bet by placing your chip where the squares containing the four numbers coincide.
- Five-number bet. You bet on either 0, 00, 1, 2, or 3.
- Six-line bet. You are betting that the ball will land on one of the six numbers in adjacent rows.
- Red. Betting that the ivory ball will stop on a red box/pocket.
- Black. The ball will stop on a black number.
- Even. The ivory ball will land on an even number.
- Low-bet. The ball will stop on a number between 1 and 18.
- High-bet. The ball will stop on a number between 19 and 36.
- Dozen-bet. The bet divides the table into three. You place bets on 1 to 12, 12 to 24, and 24 to 36.
- Column bet. Placing bets outside an entire column, predicting that one of the numbers in the column will win.
Difference between Online Free American Roulette vs. Real Money American Roulette
The main difference between the free roulette and paid version is that you don’t bet with real money while playing the free version. But you can’t win real money prizes as well. You can only win if you bet with real money. The online casino allocates you a virtual bankroll and virtual winnings in a free version for you to get a clear picture of what happens in a real game.
Playing American Roulette on Mobile Devices
You can play the game on mobile devices like phones and tablets. You don’t have to download any apps because the game at King Billy is hosted in the clouds. You just need a stable Internet connection. Playing mobile casino online also shields you from malware that sometimes comes with apps.
Play American Roulette Online Today at King Billy!
King Billy offers you a secure online environment to play roulette at your convenience. You stand the chance to win real money. If you are a novice we have free roulette demos to help you practice and master the game. This is why we are the most preferred online casino in Canada and around the world.
Is American Roulette Completely Random?
Yes, this is a game of chance that is completely random. The software used at King Billy is checked by the relevant authorities to make sure that the game is not biased against the vendor, casino owner, or player.
What Number Wins The Most In American Roulette?
This is a game of equal chances. There is no specific number that wins the most. But placing outside bets increases your odds of winning because you bet on several numbers based on specific criteria.
What’s Unique about American Roulette Odds and Payouts?
The unique thing about this game and its payouts is that you can bet on multiple spots, increasing your odds of winning some real cash.
What Is The Best American Roulette Strategy?
The best strategy is to place multiple bets. Placing one bet, especially inside the table, is risky because predicting the very spot the ivory ball will land is difficult. It’s a good practice to mix both inside and outside bets to maximize your chances of winning. But you should note that inside bets have high payouts.
Can I Play American Roulette on My Smartphone?
Yes, you can access and play this game on mobile devices powered by iOS or Android. If you play at King Billy, you don’t have to download any casino apps. Playing online is very convenient.