The pioneering French roulette was invented in the 17th century when Blaise Pascal created a simple version of the game. In 1920, the roulette mechanism was combined with a French gaming wheel called Birbi to create the first modern roulette.
His Majesty King Billy offers you a chance to play French roulette. Don’t worry if you’ve never played the game before. The online casino allows you to play a free version first so that you master the rules of the game.
Don’t hesitate to spin the wheel because you can play French roulette online without registering on the site. But if you want to get a full experience, you’ll have to create an account to place bets and win. His Majesty King Billy Guardian of the Players shares information to help beginners learn and enjoy the game.
Tips for Playing French Roulette
The numbers appearing on a French roulette wheel are similar to those found in other types of this game. The numbers appear in the same order. The wheel consists of 37 numbers ranging from 1 to 36 in addition to a single zero. Half of them are marked red while the other half are marked black. The table has 12 rows made up of three numbers in a grid. The numbers appear chronologically from 1 to 36 while alternating between white and black. The zero appears on the left end.
The place outside the number grid is divided into spots for placing outside bets, such as red or black, dozen, or column. In some tables, outside bets are marked with French words like 12p meaning premier douzaine (1st dozen). “Pair” for even numbers and “impair” for odd ones. Some tables have racetracks, an oval shape displaying numbers as they appear on the wheel.
Playing roulette is a simple process. You need to:
- Place your bets.
- Click the spin button and the computer automatically spins the wheel for you.
- The ball spins and lands in one of the 37 pockets marked with numbers and colors.
- If the ball lands on the numbers or colors you’ve bet on, you win. The noble players of King Billy casino receive their winnings instantly.
French Roulette: Basic Rules for Playing the Game
The aim of the game of both French and American Roulettes is to predict where the ivory ball will land after the wheel stops spinning. The attendee spins the wheel in one direction, while the ball moves in another. Our French roulette online casino has this process automated in usual games and real dealers in live options.
The structure of the French table is similar to the European roulette made up of 12 rows with 3 numbers in a grid. The basic rules while playing other variations of roulette are the same with an exception of two special rules that apply to the French version:
- La Partage Rule. This rule applies when players place bets on all spots: red or black, odd or even, and low or high. Players get half of their bets back if the ball lands on zero. It’s the main difference between the American and French versions of the game. French tables have a house edge of 2.7% while the American version with double zeros has an edge of 5.26%.
- En Prison Rule. This special rule is a variation of the first one where bets are locked until the next spin. The attendee keeps all bets instead of giving them back if the ball lands on zero. This gives you the chance to bet again and receive the full amount if you win. If you lose you forfeit your entire bet. What if the bet lands on zero again? The attendee keeps your bet for the next spin.
- The Martingale system is a simple strategy that mainly applies to outside bets, such as even or odd numbers, high or low, and black or red. Following this rule means doubling your bet every time you lose. The aim is to win a bigger profit when your losing streak turns into a win. For instance, if you bet $1 as your first bet and you lose, you bet $2 in the subsequent spin, and so forth.
- The 1-3-2-6 is a four-stage betting strategy common among loyal roulette players. Using this strategy means you just have to repeatedly bet on the numbers 1, 3, 2, and 6 on every spin as long as you win. The betting system demands that you place your bets on one unit for the initial bet and three units for subsequent bets. In the event the first and second wagers win, you continue to bet two spots on the third round and the sixth spot on the fourth bet.
- inside bets;
- outside bets;
- special bets.
- Straight Up is betting on a single number with a payout of 35 to 1.
- Split is betting on two adjacent numbers on the table whether horizontal or vertical with a payout of 17 to 1.
- Street is a bet that covers three numbers on the horizontal rows with a payout of 11 to 1.
- Corner or Square is the type of bet that covers adjacent numbers on the table with a payout of 8 to 1.
- Line Bet is placed over six numbers appearing on two adjacent rows on three horizontal numbers. It has a payout of 5 to 1.
- Column Bet covers twelve numbers in a chosen column in French roulette. It has odds of 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet is placed on a dozen numbers, covering three sections of the table. It covers the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd twelve numbers on the table with a payout of 2 to 1.
These two rules have the same financial outcome with different approaches. Under the La Partage rule, you get 50% of your bet back 100% of the time. With the En Prison rule, 100% of your bet is refunded and used for the next spin 50% of the time. These rules have made the French version of the game popular among players because they recoup their bets or have another chance if the ball lands on zero.
In the American version, players lose their bets, if the ball lands on double zero. You only win if your bet was specifically on zero. All the outside bets also lose if the ball stops on double zero.
Tips and Strategies for Playing French Roulette
To enjoy the game to the maximum and increase your odds of winning, learn some tips and strategies you can adopt while playing. Strategies commonly used in playing roulette are categorized into two: the Martingale system and the 1-3-2-6 Staking Plan:
The betting strategies described above fall under progressive betting. And the main strategy is to increase the size of your bet whether you are winning or losing.
Learn the Odds and Payouts in French Roulette
French roulette offers you two broad betting options, which include inside and outside bets. Outside bets have a lower payout compared to bets inside the table. Bets inside the table in French roulette have a higher payout but come with high risk and low odds. There are more than 30 types of bets that fall under three categories:
Roulette gives you the advantage of placing different bets with varying odds.
They are contained in the grid of numbers on the roulette table. Inside bets have the highest odds. They give you a chance to win big with a payout of 35 times. But the risk is high. Let’s look at the bets and the payouts to help you play French roulette online while making informed decisions.
|Single Number||1||35 to 1|
|Split||2||17 to 1|
|Street||3||11 to 1|
|Square||4||8 to 1|
|Six Line||6||5 to 1|
They are marked on the number grid on the edges. You are likely to win on outside bets because they split the table into sections based on a criterion. But they have the lowest odds. You can see the summary of outside bets on a roulette table below.
|Column (12)||12||2 to 1|
|Dozen (12)||12||2 to 1|
|Red or Black||18||1 to 1|
|Odd or Even (Impair or Pair)||18||1 to 1|
|High or Low||18||1 to 1|
They are favorites among experienced roulette players. You place bets on a section of numbers on the wheel with a click. Special bets are sometimes called exotic bets and come with French names like “Tier Du Cylinder”.
They can be placed on roulette tables with a racetrack. It’s an oval shape of a wheel with numbers appearing in the same order as the roulette wheel. By clicking, you can bet on the opposite numbers on the wheel.
Placing Basic Bets in French Roulette
Here are detailed explanations:
The Main Difference between French and American Roulettes
French and American roulettes vary in the wheels and tables. The French roulette wheel has a single zero (0) while the American version has a double zero (00). The wheels have different layouts with numbers appearing in different positions. The American roulette table is smaller in size compared to the French version. Bets are placed on one side of the table in the American variation. In the French option, bets are placed on both sides of the table.
How to Play French Roulette on Mobile Devices
King Billy, the most awarded French roulette online casino, allows you to play the games without downloading any apps. All you need for play mobile casino is a stable Internet connection with a smartphone or tablet running on Android or iOS.
You can practice for free before playing with real money. Trying free French roulette versions helps you familiarize yourself with the game and the performance on your chosen device.
Play French Roulette at the Best Online Casino
The King Billy Casino Citizens will attest to the fact that this is the best gambling venue in the industry. Our casino offers roulette games from the best vendors. The quality of the options we provide is top-notch.
To play French roulette on our site and win real money, you have to fill in a simple form providing the necessary information. You enter your email, the currency you would like to bet in, and whether you’re 18 years or above.
What Is The Difference Between French Roulette And European Roulette?
The main difference between French and European roulette is the structure of the wheel and table. The French version has a single zero (0), while the American variation has a double zero (00). The numbers and betting spots also appear differently on the wheel and table.
What Are French Roulette Call Bets?
You can place inside and outside bets in French roulette just like in the American version. But there are two special rules in the French version: La Partage Rule and En Prison Rule. Under the first rule, players recover their bets if the ball lands on zero. The second rule locks the bets to be used in the next spin. You can’t withdraw your bets.
How Do You Win French Roulette?
Roulette is a game of chance, but adopting specific strategies can increase your odds of winning. Refer to the Odds and Payout section of this article to learn some strategies you could use.
Is French Roulette A Popular Online Game?
Yes, it is. French roulette is one of the most preferred games at the King Billy Kingdom. Players prefer the game because they can bet on multiple spots, increasing their chances of winning real money.